Gallery: haunt [3 Images] Click any image to expand.
Fun, cheap things to do this fall:
1. Make plans to go to a haunted house or a haunted hayride. (Camp Helen State Park has a great haunted walk and Emerald Coast Wildlife Refuge has THE DARK in Crestviewwhich is always good for a scare)
2. Get lost in a corn maze. Baker Corn Maze, Beaver Creek, Sweet Season and Sonshine Farms are some of our favorites!
3. Get pumpkins and carve them out for your porch in time for trick or treating. Roast the seeds for a snack and sit back and watch your favorite family Halloween flick such as Hocus Pocus.
4. Make a bonfire in your backyard, or at the beach. Bring your s’more stuff and sit back and enjoy the cool crisp night air.
5. Plan a family halloween costume and enter a contest. Destin Commons, The Village of Baytowne Wharf and Harbor Walk have great contests with great prizes!
6. Spend some time at your local farmers markets such as Seaside Farmers Market, Crestview, Fort Walton and Grand Boulevard.
7. Play hide and seek in a park at night - better known as manhunt these days So much fun!
8. Put that tent up in your backyard and camp!
9. Be outside as much as possible, before it’s too cold. This is the perfect time of the year!
10. Watch a movie outdoors. Bring your chairs and blankets. There are plenty of them all along our coast.
11. Go on a ghost hunt. Pensacola offers the real thing with their downtown ghost tours.
12. Plan a long bike ride down 30A.
13. Drive to the beach to see the stars at night.
14. Have a movie night or game night. Make it Fall themed with foods like pumpkin cheeseballs, “monster eyes”, or deviled goblin eggs.
15. Go fly a kite.
16. Grill outdoors. This is not just a summer event - fall is special for grilling too.
17. Make a pinecone bird feeder and hang it outside where you can enjoy watching birds munch on it for the coming weeks.
18. Make your own fall decorations. Find ideas on Pinterest and collect the natural items (leaves, pinecones, corn) together on nature walks.
19. Find a beautiful place you’d want to do a photo shoot and get a friend to come take your photos. You can use the results for your Holiday card.
20. Try geocaching. Lots of great caches in our area.
21. Go to the oldest, most historic graveyard in your area and make stone rubbings. Go home and research the most elaborate markers and figure out who they belong to.
22. Play a game of flashlight tag inside your house.