Make Your Holidays Sweeter
11/17/2014 02:35AM ● Published by Family Features
From neighborhood parties to cookie exchanges with your closest pals, the holidays are all about sharing the sweetness of the season.
New recipes for a happy holiday
This year, resist the urge to dust off those same old recipe cards and spread some holiday cheer with creative, new recipes that feature the fruity goodness of Lucky Leaf Pie Fillings. With three classic offerings of cherry, apple and blueberry, you're sure to find the perfect flavor for all of your seasonal baking needs.
From this cherry chocolaty thumbprint cookie to a quick and easy crisp dessert you can make uniquely your own, these recipes all feature the premium quality of Lucky Leaf Pie Filling. These sweet treats are the perfect desserts to bring to a holiday gathering, or use them as inspiration to start your own family tradition of baking together any time of year.
For more recipe ideas to make your holiday jolly, visit LuckyLeaf.com.
Chocolate Cherry Thumbprints
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 2 cups white sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoon vanilla
- 3 cups flour
- 1 cup cocoa
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 (21-ounce) can Lucky Leaf Cherry Pie Filling
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Mix in eggs, one at a time. Add vanilla and mix until combined. Add flour, cocoa, salt, baking soda and baking powder. Mix until combined.
- Roll dough into two-inch balls. Place on greased baking sheet or baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Press thumb into center of cookie to make well. Place cherries into each cookie.
- Bake for 12 minutes. Allow cookies to cool.
- Melt chocolate according to package directions. Drizzle over cookies. Let chocolate set and serve immediately or store in airtight container.
Fruity Custom Crisp
- 2 (21-ounce) cans of Lucky Leaf Premium Pie Filling of your choice (Apple, Cherry or Blueberry)
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 1/2 cup quick oats
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup finely chopped or sliced nuts of your choice
- Other various toppings, such as coconut, chocolate chips, etc.
- Pick your favorite pie filling flavor.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Pour two cans of pie filling in bottom of 9-by-13-inch pan.
- Blend softened butter, oatmeal, brown sugar and nuts until crumbly. Add in your favorite toppings, such as coconut, chocolate chips, cinnamon chips, dried fruit, if desired. Sprinkle mixture over pie filling.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until golden brown.