Recipes for Easter that will put a smile on every childs face!
03/04/2013 07:56AM, Published by Nancy Babin, Categories:
Go beyond store-bought marshmallow chicks and chocolate rabbits this year. Gather your children and get creative while making Easter memories together in the kitchen. Perfect for some-bunny special!
A Tisket, A Tasket, A Cupcake Easter Basket
Yield: Each cupcake serves 1
White Standard Baking Cups
1 package (about 18 ounces) cake mix, any flavor
Water, vegetable oil and eggs to prepare cake mix
Picket Fence Cupcake Wraps or Basket Cupcake Wraps
1 can (16 ounces) White Decorator Icing
Leaf Green Icing Color
Royal Icing Nests with Jelly Beans, Pink and Purple Posies or Multi-Colored Flower Icing Decorations
Preheat oven to 350°F. Place baking cups in standard muffin pan.
Prepare cake mix following package instructions; place batter in prepared pan.
Bake 18-20 minutes, or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean; cool completely. Insert cooled cupcakes into cupcake wraps. Tint icing green; pipe tip 233 “grass” over tops of cooled cupcakes. Arrange icing decorations on icing.
1 package (about 20 ounces) brownie mix (13 x 9 inch size)
Eggs, water and oil to prepare mix
1 can (16 ounces) Brownie Fudge Icing
Pink and White Tube Decorating Icing
Mini candy-coated chocolates, purple jelly beans
Pink and Blue Dusting Sugar
Spring Confetti Sprinkles
Preheat oven to 350°F. Spray 13 x 9-inch baking pan with vegetable pan spray.
In large bowl, prepare brownie mix following package instructions; spread into prepared pan. Bake 35-38 minutes; cool completely. Ice smooth with Fudge Icing.
For Bunny Brownies: cut brownie shape with Bunny Face Comfort Grip Cutter. With round decorating tip, pipe white icing eyes and muzzle and pink icing ears and tongue; smooth with spatula. Attach candy-coated chocolate pupils and jelly bean nose with dots of icing.*
For Egg-stra Special Brownies: cut brownie shape with Egg Comfort Grip Cutter. Place parchment paper strips to keep sections free from dusting sugar. Using shaker, dust stripes of pink and blue sugar; carefully remove strips. Attach confetti sprinkles with dots of icing.
Each serves 1.
*Note: Bunny Brownies can also be decorated completely with candy. Use regular marshmallows, sliced, for muzzle and halved mini marshmallows for eyes. Use pink taffy, rolled out and cut to size, for ears.
Fresh Eggs Cookie Pops
Makes about 3 dozen cookies
2 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon salt
1 cup (2 sticks) butter, softened
1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1/2 teaspoon almond extract
White Candy Melts, melted
Primary, Garden Candy Color Sets
Yellow, White Pearl Dust
Imitation Clear Vanilla Extract
Blue, Lavender Colored Sugar
Jumbo Confetti Sprinkles
Cookie Treat Sticks
Preheat oven to 400°F.
In medium bowl, combine flour, baking powder and salt. In large bowl, beat butter and sugar with electric mixer until light and fluffy. Add egg; mix until blended. Add vanilla and almond extracts. Stir in flour mixture. Do not chill dough; divide into 2 balls. On floured surface, roll each ball into a circle approximately 12 in. in diameter and 1/8-inch thick. Dip egg shaped cookie cutter in flour and cut dough; place on ungreased cookie sheet.
Bake 6 - 7 minutes or until cookies are lightly browned. Cool 2 minutes on cookie sheet. Remove from sheet and cool completely on cooling grid.
Tint melted white candy desired colors. Pour over cooled cookies to cover. Tap to settle; chill until firm.
Use melted candy in cut parchment or disposable decorating bags to pipe spirals, stripes and attach Confetti Sprinkles. While still wet, sprinkle some shapes with Colored Sugars. Brush set candy decorations with Pearl Dust/vanilla mixture. Attach sticks to back of cookies using melted candy. If desired, place in assembled Pops Flower Pot Kit.
EASTER BUNNY CAKE
- Bake cake in Bunny Tube Pan according to recipe directions. Allow to cool completely. Trace outline of pan on cake board; cut out and cover board with foil wrap.
- Ice bunny: Tint portions of decorator icing black and rose; reserve remainder white. Use a spatula to ice inside of ears with rose icing, inside of eyes with white icing, and inside of mouth with black icing. Use tip 233 and white icing to pipe pull-out fur to cover bunny.
- Create eyes: Use tip 12 and white icing to pipe eyeballs. Pat smooth with finger dipped in cornstarch. Use tip 3 and black icing to pipe dot pupils. Pat smooth with finger dipped in cornstarch.
- Create teeth: Use scissors to trim two lollipop sticks 3" long. Insert sticks into mouth.
- Use icing to attach candy-coated gum for teeth, securewith dots of icing.Make details: Fill ears with pink jelly beans. For whiskers, use scissors to cut four pieces of shoestring licorice to 2-1/4" long. For nose, use icing to attach spice drop.
Every Bunny’s Favorite Treat
• Non-Stick 7"x11" Biscuit/Brownie pan
• Comfort GripTM Cookie Cutters: Egg, Bunny
• Squeeze bottles
• Resealable plastic bag
• Parchment paper
• Leaf Green Icing Color
In advance, tint coconut.Place desired amount of coconut in plastic bag, add a small amount of Leaf Green Icing Color and knead until color is evenly blended.
1. To make bunny, prepare White chocolate fudge recipe and pour 1 in. thick into parchment paper lined non-stick pan; refrigerate until firm. Remove fudge from pan, lifting with parchment paper.
2. Use Comfort Grip Bunny Cutter to cut out fudge.
3. Tint melted candy pink and violet with Candy Colors.
4. Use melted candy in squeeze bottle to pipe eye, nose, ear, leg outline and bow. Add pull-out white tail with melted candy in squeeze bottle. Let set.
5. To make base, tint melted white candy combination green/yellow with Candy Colors. Position Comfort Grip Egg Cutter on non-stick pan and fill 1/4" deep with melted candy; refrigerate until firm and unmold. Attach bunny to base with melted candy. Position coconut, jelly beans and bunny on serving plate.
Each serves 1.
WHITE CHOCOLATE FUDGE
20 oz. (approximately 41⁄2 cups) White Candy Melts®*
1 can (14 oz.) sweetened condensed milk (not evaporated)
Melt Candy Melts® in microwave-safe container using microwave on low power. Add milk; stir until blended.
Microwave an additional 2 to 3 minutes on medium power; stir until fudge develops a sheen. Pour mixture into buttered 7"x11" Non-Stick Biscuit/Brownie pan and refrigerate until firm.
Subscribe to On the Coast Magazine's Free Newsletter for regular updates!